We are seeking a full-time Marker Maker committed to helping drive our business with a passion for the apparel industry.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- One year performing cutting duties; garment manufacturing industry preferred
- Associate or Bachelor degree from fashion or design school preferred
- Must have experience using CAD (computer-aided design) software and/or pattern cutting, preferably in the garment industry or educational experience
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office software applications
- Ability to work with people at all organizational levels, especially in a team environment
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Persuasive, problem-solver
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Marker Maker, under moderate supervision, prepares garment markers using CAD software
- Prepares markers for stock, mail and special orders, using CAD
- Rewinds and inspects markers in order to avoid errors
- Retrieves pieces from completed jobs for use in further manufacturing
- Prepares patterns from plastic materials including cutting
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties, as may be required, including guiding and assisting other Marker Makers.
Golden Fleece Manufacturing Group, a division of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., is comprised of three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities located in Massachusetts, New York and North Carolina producing tailored suits, ties and shirts of exceptional quality for a variety of well-respected brands. The flagship factory, known as "Southwick" is located in Haverhill, Massachusetts and has been an institution in the Merrimack Valley since its founding in 1929.
Today, Southwick operates out of a new state-of-the art facility, manufacturing tailored suits for Brooks Brothers and other high-end specialty men’s clothing clients.
Send your resume along with a cover letter to include your salary requirements to Debra Farrell, Senior HR Manager (email@example.com). Golden Fleece Manufacturing is proud to offer our Associates a competitive hourly rate, a fulfilling work environment, special benefits to include a generous discount to any Brooks Brothers store, and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.