We are seeking a full-time, Controller to join our Accounting team. Someone who is committed to helping drive our business with a passion for the apparel and/or manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; MBA preferred.
- 6-8 years performing general accounting duties involving AR/AP, Cost and Inventory, and the preparation of accounting financial reports.
- 2-3 years of experience managing an Accounting Team.
- Occasional travel required.
- Strong administrative, analytical, organizational, problem solving and oral and written communication skills; and an aptitude for directing and motivating people are required.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels and work within a team environment.
- Strong sense of urgency to help drive the business forward.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP/GL software (i.e., QuickBooks, Oracle, etc)
- Software for managing fixed assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Controller plans, organizes, directs and controls the general accounting function, including the processing of GL Accounting; completion annual inventories; understanding, reviewing and managing standard costs and inventory valuation; and the preparation of periodic accounting reports and financial statements.
- Manages general accounting operations, daily, including training and assigning personnel engaged in cost accounting and general accounting. (15%) /li>
- Maintains documented set of accounting policies and procedures including a set of controls and budgets across Golden Fleece Manufacturing Group (GFMG). (5%)
- Schedules team associates and directs general accounting operations, including monthly oversight of closings, reporting and the balance sheet reconciliation process. (10%)
- Organizes the general accounting function to achieve stated objectives; regularly reviews the functions effectiveness and makes recommendations as appropriate. (8%)
- Prepares various accounting reports and statements, such as those required for sales flash, margin analysis and sales commissions and statements, etc. (20%)
- Actively manages/oversees the Inventory Accounts and Cost Accounting. (10%)
- Along with direct reports, supports/participates in the annual physical inventory for all of GFMG. (5%)
- Engages with the GFMG factories and Southwick Factory Store to ensure appropriate accounting. (10%)
- Works with management to determine budgets and forecasts. Reporting includes forecast vs. actuals. (5%)
- Selects and develops employees to staff the department; evaluates subordinates' performance and recommends compensation changes to ensure the attraction, retention and motivation of a qualified staff. (5%)
- Establishes control mechanisms related to timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and closing process to ensure the accuracy of reported results based on GAAS and Corporate/Company accounting. (5%)
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in the general accounting function through reading and attendance at seminars, etc. (2%)
Send a cover letter with your salary requirements to email@example.com. Golden Fleece Manufacturing is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Golden Fleece Manufacturing Group, a division of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., is comprised of three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities located in Massachusetts, New York and North Carolina producing tailored clothing, ties and shirts of exceptional quality for a variety of well-respected brands. The flagship factory, known as "Southwick" is located in Haverhill, Massachusetts and has been an institution in the Merrimack Valley since its founding in 1929. Today, Southwick operates out of a new state-of-the art facility.