We are seeking a full-time, salaried, Accounting Supervisor
to join and manage our Accounting
team in Haverhill, MA. Someone who is committed to helping drive our business with a passion
for the apparel and/or manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- College level knowledge of general accounting and finance.
- Four years performing accounting, AR, and AP duties in a manufacturing environment.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience supervising an Accounting Team.
- Occasional travel required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP/GL software (i.e., QuickBooks, Oracle, etc).
- Software for managing fixed assets.
- Strong administrative, analytical, organizational, problem solving and oral and written communication skills; and an aptitude for directing and motivating people are required.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels and work within a team environment.
- Strong sense of urgency to help drive the business forward.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Accounting Supervisor, under minimum supervision, plans, directs and controls the general accounting functions and ERP systems for the Golden Fleece Manufacturing Group (GFMG) to include: Southwick, Garland and Long Island City facilities; assisting with the annual budget process, month-end closing balance sheet reconciliations; cash reconciliation and banking; AP, AR and Payroll supervision; and management reporting in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Manages general accounting operations, daily, including training and assigning personnel engaged in AP, AR and Payroll.
- Maintains daily cash reconciliation.
- Ensures timely output of Payroll function including interaction with ADP as necessary.
- Manages AR function for cash application, invoicing, and credit card transactions.
- Performs month-end and year-end close responsibilities and financial reporting for all three facilities.
- Supports fiscal planning and forecasting.
- Analyzes markdown reserve activity and monitors for adequacy.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in the finance field through reading, attendance at seminars and trade conferences, etc.
Send a cover letter with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Fleece Manufacturing is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.